Monday, August 5, 2013

the easiest fresh peach crisp

How was your weekend?

So many great things happened here, I hardly know where to start!



My sweet friend, Tiff, brought me an iced hazelnut macchiato and some dulce de leche to use with my new ice cream maker.
Not a bad way to start a Friday.
Not bad at all.


Boyfriend finally bought a grill {a huge grill, mind you}, which obviously led to...



...grilling everything in sight.
#cantstopwontstop


More exciting news...
J and I became an aunt and uncle!

Okay, faux-aunt and faux-uncle.
But that's just as important, right?
I mean, we got pins and everything!


Congratulations, July and Michael!
We love you and your little one and can't wait to come visit again soon!

With all of these fun things happening, on Sunday night I thought it was only fair that we have some kind of treat after dinner.
A sweet ending to a sweet weekend.

The only thing is...
I'm not a huge dessert person.

I know.
You're probably wondering what on earth I'm talking about right now.
Don't get me wrong.
I love sweets {particularly chocolate} as much as the next girl.
But if given the choice, I'm much more likely to choose frozen yogurt or a fruity dessert in the place of a slice of cake.

Unless that cake is cheesecake, in which case all bets are off.

Since it was so humid outside {and there was no cheesecake in sight}, I knew the perfect dessert was a fruit crisp.
And what better fruit to use to beat the Georgia heat than peaches?
Nothing screams summer treat to me than fresh peaches covered in crispy topping.


Things you'll need:

3-5 fresh peaches, sliced
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup-1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon {optional}

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice and arrange peaches in the baking dish of your choice.  I used a small baking dish {probably 4x6ish}, so three large peaches allowed me to do two layers of slices.
Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
{I used a cup of brown sugar, which made the crisp more sweet and gooey. Feel free to use half a cup if you'd like!}
Cut butter into the dry mixture until it forms small pebbles.
Sprinkle mixture over the peaches and bake for 40 minutes, until fruit is tender and topping is crispy.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, and enjoy!

This turned out absolutely delicious and was so incredibly easy.
I'm lacking more pictures because initially I wasn't planning on sharing the recipe.
But it turned out well enough that I decided I just had to.
It wouldn't be fair for you not to enjoy an easy crisp this summer with the abundance of sweet fruit surrounding us!

So there.
Go make this and enjoy the last little bit of summer we have.
Because before we know it, it'll be tailgate season - the season of salty snack foods.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment