Tuesday, October 1, 2013

a big georgia win {and some very promiscuous brownies}

Please tell me you watched the Georgia game this weekend.

If you didn't - spoiler alert - the Dawgs beat LSU 44-41 in what turned out to be one of the most exciting {and equally terrifying} games of the season thus far.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, freak out over.
But seriously, it was a great game.
And not just because Georgia gave us a big W.


Tickets to the game were incredibly expensive, so Saturday morning Joe and I decided to head down and spend the day tailgating with Kayla and Mark in their little town of Milledgeville.


I'm sure it goes without saying that we had a great time.
I wish I had more pictures to prove it, but needless to say, we were in celebration mode for most of the night.
Thanks again for having us, Kayla and Mark!

When we initially decided our plans for the weekend, I knew exactly what I wanted to make to contribute to the fun day ahead.

I found the recipe for slutty brownies on Megan's blog a couple of weeks ago and knew it'd make the perfect over-the-top treat for the next party I attended.

Before you read further, let me warn you.
If you're looking for a healthy tailgate snack, this is not the post for you.
You might want to just go ahead and click over to this or even these and just call it a day.

However, I will tell you that I'm a firm believer in having a treat every now and then.
And when I say treat, I mean treat.
None of this sugar-free, fat-free nonsense.

If you're going to have a cheat day, do it up right.
Make it worth it!
recipe via
Things you'll need:

1 roll of cookie dough
16 Oreos
1 box of brownie mix

*Note: You can absolutely make your own cookie dough or your own brownie batter for this - I went the easy route for time's sake!

Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.
Spread cookie dough evenly on bottom of dish.

Place Oreos in a single layer on top of cookie dough.

Carefully pour brownie mix on top and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.

Bake according to brownie package instructions.
My oven took about 10 minutes longer than the box suggested, but it wouldn't hurt to start checking it with a toothpick 15-18 minutes in.

Try your very best to let them cool {it's impossible, trust me} and enjoy!

I wish that I would've taken a time to get a better picture for you, but this was the best I could do.
Patience is something I could work on.
I will reiterate though - it's very important that you let them cool.
They will be easier to cut {and eat}, I promise.

Or you could do what Joe and I did and eat yours directly out of the baking dish with a fork.

Hey, we took the majority to Milledgeville.
Don't judge me.

What are you up to this week?

Joe is traveling until Wednesday, so I'm spending lots of time shopping for birthday gifts {what do you buy the boyfriend who buys himself everything?!}, eating this chicken soup, and taking the pup on lots of long walks.

Welcome back, October, I've missed you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment