Tuesday, March 12, 2019

cheesy chicken and broccoli

This is a lazy recipe.
I'm just gonna go ahead and throw that out there.
But it's lazy in a good way, and it's delicious, and easy, and you should make it because we all have chicken and broccoli and cheese on hand (even when all we want is takeout).


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of chicken breast, diced into cubes
  • 1-2 tbsp of your oil of choice (I used avocado oil this time, EVOO is perfect too!)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb broccoli florets
  • handful of shredded cheddar cheese (maybe a cup? Make it as cheesy as you like!)
Directions:
  1. Cut chicken breast into cubes, and season with salt & pepper to your liking.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat, and saute chicken with minced garlic for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Before the chicken is done cooking, add the broccoli.  Continue to saute until the chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender.  (This would be a great time to add cauliflower rice too, if you wanted some extra veg!)
  4. Drain any extra liquid that has accumulated.  Add cheese and stir for a few moments, until melted and delicious.  Enjoy!
We are still trying to eat mostly low carb meals, but this would be great served over white or brown rice.
I really wanted to add cauliflower rice to ours, but somehow we were out.  Isn't that how it always happens?  I feel like I'm always missing one ingredient if I don't actually meal plan.
We had this for lunch one weekend when I was refusing to grocery shop, but it turned out great and was super quick (which means it would also make a great weeknight meal).

Lord knows I've been looking for easy weeknight meals lately.
Do you have a meal you are loving?
Please share if you do.  I am in the biggest of food ruts.
Especially for breakfast.  I cannot eat one more egg!!!!
#sendhelp

This is an exciting week in the D household.
Tuck is turning 3 tomorrow (HOW?! WHY?! MAKE IT STOP!), and I started my part-time schedule at work to get more time with the kiddos.
Moms in the Atlanta area, what do you do with your kids?

I have all this extra time that I didn't have before, and I want to do all the things!

No comments:

Post a Comment