Tuesday, February 5, 2013

spicy roasted red potatoes

Recently I've been making some very repetitive dinners.

Not on purpose...it just keeps happening.
Last Monday I made BBQ chicken and roasted potatoes.
One of my go-to easy dinners when I'm feeling lazy...
Which, lets be honest, is a lot of the time.

Then Tuesday rolled around, when Joe requested I make the exact same dinner as Monday.

Now, this isn't a horrible thing.
It's kind of flattering actually.
And also a little relieving because I don't know what else I'd do with this 10 pound bag of red potatoes I got at Costco.
I can't help it.
I'm a buy-in-bulk junkie now.

Anyway, I tried to lay off the potatoes for the rest of the week and was successful until last night, when I decided to bring them back in full force.
They're just too good.


Things you'll need:
10-15 red potatoes, diced
1/3 cup olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
dash of oregano
dash of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Wash and dice your potatoes.
Spread them out evenly on a baking pan.
I didn't use cooking spray because I ran out, but it would probably be helpful to spray your pan a little beforehand.
Despite the oil used, mine still tend to get stuck a little.

Cover potatoes with olive oil and toss to coat.
Make sure they're good and covered.
Then sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper on top.
Don't be shy with the pepper or cayenne!
This is the best part, I promise.
{One time I forgot to close the big flap on the pepper and put extremely too much, and that batch ended up getting a ton of compliments...so don't worry too much about over peppering!}
Toss and make sure they're all coated well.

Bake on 425 for 40 minutes, tossing halfway through so both sides can brown.

Et voila!
Quite possibly the simplest side dish you can make for dinner that doesn't come out of a box.
Besides stirfry vegetables, which are also a huge contender at our place.

I usually serve these with pan-fried or baked BBQ chicken as an alternative to greasy french fries.
I've also done them more oregano-heavy and sans cayenne and served them with Italian chicken.
Last night, we had them with leftover pulled pork sliders from Sunday...


Cute, right?
Foods in mini form are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment