Wednesday, March 6, 2013

baked sriracha chicken nuggets

Let me apologize in advance for the minimal photos for this recipe.

To be honest, I wasn't even planning on writing about this because what respectable 25-year-old woman makes her boyfriend chicken nuggets for dinner?

But ya'll.
These turned out incredible.
They're like the healthier, spicier, adult version of chicken nuggets.

This was a last minute decision that I definitely do not regret making.

Chicken nuggets for everyone!

recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste
Things you'll need:
3 medium to large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp Sriracha {or hot sauce of your choice} - I used a little more because we love spice!
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup reduced fat grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
cooking spray, preferably olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix olive oil and Sriracha in one bowl, and breadcrumbs and reduced fat Parmesan in another bowl.
Add chicken pieces {in batches} to oil/sauce mixture and toss to completely cover.
Place chicken in breadcrumb/cheese mixture and turn to coat each side.
Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and arrange finished pieces as seen above.
Sprinkle finished pieces with salt and pepper {or do this before you dip them in oil/sauce mix, whichever you prefer!}, and lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.

Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Flip all the nuggets over and bake for 4-5 more minutes to crisp them up a bit more.
Et voila!

That's literally it.
This dinner took about 20 minutes total to prepare.
SO. EASY.

According to MyFitnessPal:

Serving size:  11 pieces
Cals/serving: 202
Fat/serving:  9g
Carbs/serving:  14g
Protein/serving:  28g

If you aren't a huge fan of spicy food, feel free to leave out the Sriracha and follow the original recipe.
I just couldn't help myself.
And adding heat was a great way to fancy-up this dish and not feel so horrible about serving chicken nuggets to a grown man.

I also served them with a side of broccoli, so that alone totally makes this an adult meal.
Right?

Quick side note:
I pulled the trigger and signed myself up to be a part of Foodie Penpals, and I was assigned my first penpal yesterday!
I am super excited and can't wait to share with you guys what I receive in my first package!
So that's something to keep an eye out for at the end of the month!

And just like that, we're halfway through the week.

:)

2 comments: