Friday, November 23, 2012

thanksgiving

pine cone turkey given to us by a visitor at work
I'd like to start out by apologizing for the lack of holiday recipes this week!
The past few days I have been sans computer because Joe and I headed down to Peachtree City to spend the holiday with his family.
I do have some things to share though that I will get to as soon as possible...most likely Sunday since we also have a busy weekend ahead.

Holiday weeks are so hectic!

Today is going to be a little different.
I know I usually give you all a rundown of my favorite things from the week, but since this week has been so weird I'm going to skip that and just share with you what I was up to over the holiday.

However, if I was going to do a favorites list, gel manicures would be number one today.
I got one Wednesday and to say I'm obsessed would be the understatement of the century.


I'm not completely in love with the color...
But any polish that will stay in tact even when I nearly slice off my hand peeling potatoes as fast as I can during the Annual Potato Peeling contest is alright with me.
True story.

Other things I did over the past week include:

the biggest margarita known to man
becoming champion of aforementioned Potato Peeling Championship and getting to take this baby home for the next year!
making cornbread stuffing {family recipe to come} for the Destefanis
attempting a Pinterest dessert {recipe also to follow} and it turning out awesome.
Pinterest for the win!
hanging with my sleepy boyfriend
gathering in the street to see the annual lighting ceremony after Thanksgiving dinner
Not pictured above:
*lunch date with Kayla, my best friend since high school
*meeting a ton of Joe's high school friends I've never met before
*shopping for Thanksgiving dinner at 1:00 in the morning with Ashley
*naps on naps on naps

This year I am feeling particularly thankful for where I am in life.
So to everyone who is even remotely close to me, please know that I'm grateful to have each and every one of you here cheering me on daily and you are all near and dear to my heart.

You're all awesome.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment