Monday, November 26, 2012

crunchy peanut butter cups

Happy Monday friends!

This past weekend feels like it literally flew by.
Probably because I was doing so many fun things!
Including but not limited to:

my new Maybooks planner arrived on Friday!
UGAvsGT in Athens {second weekend visiting in a row - yay!}
Obviously we had to have beer at 10:30am.
It wasn't even a question.
quick photo session at the fountain by Herty Field after the game
spotted at Home Depot: swag on sale for $5
We didn't buy any swag, but we did leave with TWO Christmas trees!
Joe even picked out miniature purple drums for the baby tree - so adorable.
Did anyone else decorate this weekend?
After I finished decorating our tree I actually felt sad that I didn't have more to do.
So don't be surprised if I post more decorating pictures later when I inevitably splurge on more decor.

Now, to the important part.

recipe via
I'm gonna go ahead and warn you.
I forgot to take pictures in the process of making these.
Mostly because so much was going on in the kitchen Thanksgiving morning that it just completely slipped my mind.
But I think the after pictures speak for themselves really.

Also, if you happen to click the recipe link underneath the photo, you'll see that mine actually turned out amazingly similar to the originals.
I'm clearly patting myself on the back for that one.

Things you'll need:

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham crackers - crushed
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips {any kind you like will do - I used semisweet}
1/4 cup milk
sea salt for sprinkling

1. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners - these measurements made 8 cups.

2. In a microwave safe bowl {or using a double boiler}, melt butter and peanut butter together until smooth.

3. Add crushed graham crackers and sugar to butter/PB mixture.  {*Note: You don't want your graham crackers to be finely crushed...just small chunky pieces so you'll get a crunch in each bite.}

4. Distribute mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling each cup about halfway.  Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until chilled and set.

5. Combine and melt chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe bowl {or double boiler} until smooth.

6. Pour chocolate evenly over chilled peanut butter mixture, and sprinkle sea salt on top.

7. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes until completely chilled.

*Serve when chilled or store covered in the refrigerator.

These babies are delicious, and so incredibly easy.
If you're looking for something quick to throw together for a Christmas party or as an edible gift, these would be perfect.

Enjoy! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment